Welcome to the Smart & Secure Centre’s Careers hub! Kickstart your smart home career alongside our helpful, committed and friendly team assisting our customers in creating their dream smart home.
The Smart & Secure Centre is the home distributer of smart home technology, providing customers with security, lighting, speakers and much more for their homes and businesses.
We are soon to be opening our new 5000sq/ft Smart Home Showroom where customers will be able to browse the latest Smart Home technology.
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident and knowledgeable individuals to join our team with our exciting new project. Explore our roles further to discover your new career path…
Retail Technical Sales Assistant
We are looking to recruit Retail Technical Sales Assistants to provide quality customer service and thorough technical knowledge in our new 5000sq/ft Smart Home Showroom. Customers will be able to browse the latest Smart Home technology and you will act as a liaison by demonstrating strong product knowledge and being able to articulate this to members of the public and trade.
- To show enthusiasm and appetite for new smart technologies.
- Represent the company in a professional manner, whilst developing relationships with new and existing customers both public and trade.
- Deliver high levels of customer service.
- Accurately ascertain customers’ needs and recommend products and solutions.
- Confidently and enthusiastically able to demonstrate how products function and benefit customers.
- Able to use personal experience and ongoing training to increase knowledge base and keep up to date with product information.
- Processing sales through our inhouse EPOS systems.
- Following up customer leads and quotations.
- Ensure stock profile remains accurate through inventory management.
- Updating in-store displays.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following the company health & safety policy and adhering to company policies.
- High level of enthusiasm for working with the latest technology.
- A knowledge of working with smart home technology is preferred, however, training will be provided.
- Good understanding of IT systems and networking is preferred but not essential.
- GCSEs in both Maths and English.
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Have a pleasant, helpful outlook, be well spoken with a smart presentable appearance.
- Previous sales experience would be beneficial, ideally in a retail environment.
- Building strong relationship skills and pride yourself in your ability to deliver excellent customer service.