Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1
The Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 is a smart, versatile sensor that brings convenience and security to your home. Detect open/close states effortlessly, and enjoy OTA update support for enhanced stability and functionality. With multi-ecosystem compatibility and seamless integration with popular platforms, experience a truly connected smart home. Trigger automations, receive security notifications, and benefit from advanced technology that ensures long-lasting performance.
£16.98 inc VAT
EAN / Barcode: 6975833352135
Detects door or window status in real-time
The Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 detects the open and close state of doors or windows through the distance between the sensor unit and the magnet. It consumes a minimal amount of energy. No tools are required, just stick it to the desired place and use it in a dozen of possible use cases.
- (NEW) OTA Update Support: Compared to the original sensors, the T1 series has got an OTA update support, which has enhanced their stability and functionality.
- A Smart Sensor with Maximum Versatility: For an added convenience and peace of mind, you will be able to install this tiny sensor not only on the doors and windows, but also into the drawers, mailboxes, and even AC units to achieve Multi-Ecosystem Support: After binding it to an Aqara hub, the sensor can be exposed to third-party platforms, such as Apple Home, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and even Matter. Moreover, it can be natively integrated with Samsung SmartThings and Yandex Smart Home.
- Aqara Home Automations: You can trigger different scenes and automations with our suite of smart home products. For example, when you open the door in the evening, the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 will send a signal to the Aqara Wall Switch to turn on the lights. No matter how late you get home, the lights will automatically turn on.
- Security Notifications: With the Door and Window Sensor T1, you can turn on alarm mode when you leave the house or when you are asleep. If a door or window is opened, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
- Advanced Technology: Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 detects the current status of doors or windows via the distance between the sensor and the magnet. The sensor is also energy-efficient and one battery can last over 2 years under normal usage.
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1? Can I change the position of the sensor unit and the magnet unit?
- Align the primary sensor and the magnet according to the mounting line as shown in the user manual. Attach the primary sensor to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened.
- The primary sensor and the magnet should be less than 22mm apart.
- The exact position can vary, but make sure that the primary sensor and the magnet are aligned upon installation.
- Because of the complex nature of an indoor environment, adjusting the position of the sensor hub with the Door and Window Sensor can improve the overall result.
- Ensure you avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
Installation location and precautions
Rotate the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor on a fixed door frame. Attaching the small magnet to the door is the best way to protect the sensor. Although the primary Door and Window Sensor should be less than 22mm from the magnet, they should not be installed too close together this is to ensure they are not in contact and therefore avoid the damage that could occur if they are knocked to the ground.
What is the effective range between the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1?
In a complex indoor environment, This distance will need to be reduced if there is a wall between them to ensure good connectivity.
Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 fail to connect? How to reconnect?
- There has been an operation error. Try to add the device according to the adding method again.
- The device is too far from the Hub. Try to move the device closer to the Hub.
- There are too many devices under the Hub.
How to identify if the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 works properly?
- Using the eject pin, push the reset hole of the Door and Window Sensor . If the Hub makes voice prompts, “Normal link confirmed”, it signifies that the Hub and the Door and Window Sensor are communicating properly. Go to ②; If there is no voice prompts, move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the device adding methods to add the device or replace the battery.
- Move the sensor closer to the magnet unit and move away from the magnet for 2 or 3 times. Enter the home of Door and Window Sensor T1 in the Aqara Home app, refresh the device records (log). If there is related log, it indicates the device works properly.
What functions does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 have?
- Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status (open and closed).
- The Door and Window sensor T1 works with other smart devices. If it detects that the door/window opens or closes, it triggers other devices to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 not work sometimes?
- The sensor unit and magnet unit might be too far away from each other. Ccheck the distance between them and ensure the distance is no more than 22mm.
- The Hub might be too far away from the sensor. Make sure the gap between the sensor unit and the magnet unit is no more than 22mm. Press the reset hole with the eject pin at your desired location. If the Hub makes voice prompts, it indicates the Hub is communicating correctly with the sensor. If not, move the sensor closer to the Hub.
How can the Door and Window Sensor T1 be reset? When should it be reset?
- Push in and hold the reset hole on the device for 3 seconds. The indicator light will flash 3 times before resetting to factory settings.
- If a sensor needs to be paired with another sensor hub, it will need to be reset before the new pairing will work effectively.
Why is the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 offline often?
- The accessory is too far away from the Hub, try to reduce the distance between the sensor and the hub.
- Low battery or dead battery. Replace the battery and try again.
- The accessory is installed on the metal surface and the signal is interfered. Try to avoid installation on metal surfaces.
Physical and Performance Attributes
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|70 × 77 × 30 mm
Misc Product Attributes
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee 3.0
Dimensions: 41 × 22 × 11 mm (1.61 × 0.87 × 0.43 in)
Maximum Detection Distance: 22 mm
Operating Temperature: -10 °C ~ 45 °C (14 °F ~ 113 °F)
Operating Humidity: 0 – 95%RH, non-condensing
What’s in the Box: Sensor Unit (with Sticker) × 1, Magnet Unit × 1, User Manual × 1
App: Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10.3 or later)