Hive Active Plug
The Hive ICESMRTPLUG Active Plug allows you to turn your devices and appliances on or off from anywhere.
£39.00 inc VAT
EAN / Barcode: 5054347000945
Our technical team is on hand to solve any problems or help you find the ideal solution.
Use the Hive Active Plug allows you to turn your devices and appliances on or off from anywhere.
What’s in the Box?
- Hive Active Plug
- User guide
- Switch on or off from wherever you are
- Set a schedule up to 6 times a day
- Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Any socket with the Type G plug (UK/IRE)
- iOS / Android
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Home
- Siri Shortcuts
- Philips Hue
- Internet connection recommended: 1.5Mbps or higher
- iOS or Android device running an up-to-date operating system
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my Hive Active Plug installed by an engineer?
No, the installation process for the Hive active plug is self-install only.
How do I reset my Hive Active Plug?
When you are trying to pair your Hive Active Plug, ensure you can see an amber flashing light on the front, if not then you may need to reset it.
Press and hold the button on the front for 10 seconds in order to reset the plug, as soon as the light double flashes amber it is reset. Now you can try to install the Hive Active Plug in your Hive app or online dashboard.
How do I set up my Hive Active Plug?
If you already have Hive products the process is quick and easy:
- Login to your Hive mobile app and open ‘Install devices’.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and when prompted plug your Hive Active Plug in and turn the mains power socket on, it will now flash amber as it searches for your hub.
- When your Hive Active Plug appears on the screen you can save it and the LED light on the plug will stop flashing.
Are there any electrical devices I should not plug into my Hive Active Plug?
It is recommended to ensure that you do not plug anything that if unexpectedly turned off would cause danger or result in physical damage. Therefore it is suggested to not plug in refrigerators, freezers, fish tanks, haters or anything required for medical care.
What does the Hive Active Plug do?
The Hive Active plug allows you to control your electrical devices from your mobile device or set schedules for when it comes on. It is also possible to turn devices on and off through the button on top of the plug.
If you are an existing user of Hive and have one or more products already then you will not need any further kit and can set up your Hive Active Plug using your existing hub. If this is your first Hive product you will need to purchase a hub in order to set up your Hive Active Plug.
What is the difference between a SmartPlug and a Hive Active Plug?
The SmartPlug is a Signal Booster. A signal booster helps extend the range of Hive products being able to communicate with each other. Whilst you can plug other electrical devices into your SmartPlug these cannot be controlled remotely. The Hive Active Plug allows you to control electrical devices remotely from your mobile but also act as signal boosters.
How much does my Hive Active Plug cost per year to run?
Hive Active Plug uses an average of 40p per plug per year based on 10p per kWh.
How do I turn my Hive Active Plug on and off manually?
To turn your Hive Active Plug on and off manually simply press the power button on the front of the plug. A white LED light will show on the power button when your Hive Active Plug™ is on to show that the plug is passing power through to the device plugged into it. This light will disappear when the plug is off.
How do I turn my Hive Active Plug on and off remotely from the app or online dashboard?
You will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Hive app and log-in
- Now choose your Hive Active Plug on the Hive app dashboard
- Then select the circle in the middle of the screen to turn your plug on or of, the status of the plug is displayed in the middle of the circle.
Physical and Performance Attributes
|Max Power||13A, 3kW|