Aqara Door and Window Sensor Trio Bundle
This kit included 3 Aqara Door and Window Sensors. The sensor detects the open and close state of doors or windows through the distance between the sensor unit and the magnet*. It consumes a very small amount of energy. No tools are required, and simply peel and stick it to the desired place.
* Requires the Aqara Hub to work
£43.19 – £65.69 inc VAT
Detects door or window status in real-time
The Aqara Door and Window Sensor detects the open and close state of doors or windows through the distance between the sensor unit and the magnet. It consumes a very small amount of energy. No tools are required, and simply peel and stick it to the desired place.
- A Smart Sensor for Every Door and Window: For added peace of mind, install the Aqara Door and Window Sensor so you will never have to worry about the status of your doors and windows.
- Smart Control in Apple Home App: Works with other HomeKit-enabled accessories in Apple Home to make your life easier.
- Aqara Home Automation: You can customize different scenes with Aqara’s suite of smart home products. For example, when you open the door in the evening, the Aqara Door and Window Sensor will send a signal to the Aqara Wall Switch to turn on the lights. No matter how late you get home, the lights will automatically turn on.
- Security Notification: With the Door and Window Sensor, you can turn on alarm mode when you leave the house or when you are asleep. If a door or window is opened, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
Advanced Technology: Aqara Door and Window Sensor detects the current status of doors or windows via the distance of the magnets inside the sensors between the sensor and the magnet. The sensor is also energy efficient and one battery can last over 2 years under normal usage.
Aqara’s smallest but powerful smart home hub that supports both classic and the latest Aqara devices
Aqara’s smallest yet powerful smart home hub that supports both classic and the latest Aqara devices. Occupies less space and can be placed almost everywhere. Supports both classic and newest Aqara Zigbee devices and can be used as a Wi-Fi repeater at the same time.
- Zigbee 3.0 Hub for up to 128 Devices: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- All-Round Compatibility: This makes Aqara child devices connected to it compatible with most popular ecosystems and voice assistants such as HomeKit, Alexa, Google, IFTTT, Alice, and Marusya are supported.
- Powered by USB-A: A regular USB-A port is integrated into the Hub’s housing so that it can be powered from almost any USB-equipped device such as a power bank, power strip, outlet, PC, or even router.
- 210° Adjustable Shaft: The Hub E1 shaft angle can be changed within 210 degrees, which makes its placing extremely flexible
- Wi-Fi Repeater Function: The Hub E1 not only expands your Zigbee network but also acts as a Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz repeater and makes the coverage of other Aqara hubs and other Wi-Fi devices more stable.
- USB Dongle Mode: <For B2B clients> The USB-A port can also be used to control other devices or make the E1 Hub a Zigbee USB dongle for developers.
- Supports the Next-Gen smart home standard – Matter**
* The feature has a specific MOQ to be developed and released
** Matter support will be available as an OTA update of Aqara Hubs after the official release of Matter specifications.
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install Aqara Door and Window Sensor? Can I change the position of the sensor unit and the magnet unit?
- Align the primary sensor and the magnet according to the mounting line as shown in the user manual. Attach the primary sensor to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened.
- The primary sensor and the magnet should be less than 22mm apart.
- The exact position can vary, but make sure that the primary sensor and the magnet are aligned upon installation.
- Because of the complex nature of an indoor environment, adjusting the position of the sensor hub with the Door and Window Sensor can improve the overall result.
- Ensure you avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
Installation location and precautions
Rotate the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor on a fixed door frame. Attaching the small magnet to the door is the best way to protect the sensor. Although the primary Door and Window Sensor should be less than 22mm from the magnet, they should not be installed too close together this is to ensure they are not in contact and therefore avoid the damage that could occur if they are knocked to the ground.
What is the effective range between the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor?
In a complex indoor environment, This distance will need to be reduced if there is a wall between them to ensure good connectivity.
Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor fail to connect? How to reconnect?
- There has been an operation error. Try to add the device according to the adding method again.
- The device is too far from the Hub. Try to move the device closer to the Hub.
- There are too many devices under the Hub.
How to identify if the Aqara Door and Window Sensor works properly?
- Using the eject pin, push the reset hole of the Door and Window Sensor . If the Hub makes voice prompts, “Normal link confirmed”, it signifies that the Hub and the Door and Window Sensor are communicating properly. Go to ②; If there is no voice prompts, move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the device adding methods to add the device or replace the battery.
- Move the sensor closer to the magnet unit and move away from the magnet for 2 or 3 times. Enter the home of Door and Window Sensor in the Aqara Home app, refresh the device records (log). If there is related log, it indicates the device works properly.
What functions does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor have?
- Aqara Door and Window Sensor can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status (open and closed).
- The Door and Window sensor works with other smart devices. If it detects that the door/window opens or closes, it triggers other devices to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor not work sometimes?
- The sensor unit and magnet unit might be too far away from each other. Ccheck the distance between them and ensure the distance is no more than 22mm.
- The Hub might be too far away from the sensor. Make sure the gap between the sensor unit and the magnet unit is no more than 22mm. Press the reset hole with the eject pin at your desired location. If the Hub makes voice prompts, it indicates the Hub is communicating correctly with the sensor. If not, move the sensor closer to the Hub.
How can the Door and Window Sensor be reset? When should it be reset?
- Push in and hold the reset hole on the device for 3 seconds. The indicator light will flash 3 times before resetting to factory settings.
- If a sensor needs to be paired with another sensor hub, it will need to be reset before the new pairing will work effectively.
Why is the Aqara Door and Window Sensor offline often?
- The accessory is too far away from the Hub, try to reduce the distance between the sensor and the hub.
- Low battery or dead battery. Replace the battery and try again.
- The accessory is installed on the metal surface and the signal is interfered. Try to avoid installation on metal surfaces.
Physical and Performance Attributes
Misc Product Attributes
Aqara Door and Window Sensor (Per Unit)
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee
Dimensions: 41 × 22 × 11 mm (1.61 × 0.87 × 0.43 in)
Maximum Detection Distance: 22 mm
Operating Temperature: -10℃~+45℃ (14℉~113℉)
Operating Humidity: 0 – 95%RH, non-condensing
What’s in the Box: Sensor Unit x 1, Magnet x 1, Sticker x 2, Quick Start Guide x 1
App: Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10.3 or later)
Aqara Hub E1
Product Model: HE1-G01
Input Voltage: 5V 0.5A
Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 40°C (14°F~104°F)
Product Dimensions: 108×30×8 mm (4.25×1.18×0.31 in.)
Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Zigbee 3.0
Operating Humidity: 0~95% RH, no condensation