Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & Hub E1 Bundle
Elevate your home automation with the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & Hub E1 Bundle. Effortlessly control your roller shades with easy installation and user-defined settings. Enjoy Zigbee 3.0 technology for stability and compatibility with popular ecosystems and voice assistants. Experience smart home automation with features like automatic sun detection and scheduled operations. The compact Aqara Hub E1 supports up to 128 devices, acts as a Wi-Fi repeater, and embraces the future with Matter support. Upgrade your home to a smarter, more convenient space with Aqara!
Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & Hub E1 Bundle
Introducing the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & Hub E1 Bundle – your gateway to a smarter, more automated living space. With this kit, we’ve thought of everything you need to elevate your home automation experience. Say goodbye to complicated installations and tangled cords, and embrace a more convenient, energy-efficient way to control your roller shades.
Experience the future of home automation with the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & Hub E1 Bundle. Elevate your living space, increase energy efficiency, and enjoy the convenience of remote control. Make your home a smarter place, starting today.
Note: Aqara Hub E1 is placed in the box of the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 & please update the firmware to the latest firmware version to use.
Aqara Hub E1 x 1
Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 – The easiest-to-install and most flexible automatic roller blind controller.
The Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 is a retrofit roller shade controller that does not require a complicated installation and can work with your existing Roller Shade by operating the beaded cord. It does not require dedicated wiring and can run both wirelessly from the built-in battery or being plugged into a power supply via the provided USB Type-C cable.
Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 Features:
- Easy Installation: Just screw the device to the wall, attach the adapter, insert the beaded cord of your roller shade, and the device will be ready to be connected.
- Zigbee 3.0 Protocol: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- All-Round Compatibility: Compatible with most popular ecosystems and can be controlled by voice. HomeKit, Alexa, Google, IFTTT, Alice, and Marusya are supported.
- User-Defined Opening/Closing: The user will be able to pre-set a number of desired open/close percentages and switch between them easily.
- 2-Month Battery Life*: Thanks to Aqara battery-saving technologies, industry-leading battery life is achieved. You don’t need to worry about charging the device every few weeks.
- USB Type-C for Charging or Constant Power Supply: You can choose between two installation modes: wired and wireless. For charging or powering the device constantly, the most modern and versatile Type-C port is used.
- One-Button Control: Thanks to the Aqara Home app (iOS/Android), the full operation of your roller shade can be done by pressing only one button such as the Aqara Mini Switch.
- Smart Home Automation: Connect the device to the Aqara Home app, and you will be able to forget about operating the device manually: after configuring the automation, it will just work by itself!
- 4 Adapters for Different Types of Beaded Cords: The majority of roller shades with beaded cords are supported due to a variety of included adapters.
* Supposed to roll and unroll a roller shade of 1.8m*1.8m once a day
1. If the sun is too bright, the roller shade will unroll automatically.
When the sunlight is too bright in the afternoon, it is detected by the M1S Hub’s built-in illumination sensor and the roller shade will unroll automatically, making you more comfortable and saving energy on cooling. In the evening, the roller shade will open automatically when the Door and Window Sensor detects that you are back home.
2. The roller shade will close when you go to bed.
The Motion Sensor located at the top of your bed will detect when you are going to bed and will trigger the Roller Shade Driver E1 to close your roller blinds to make your sleep more comfortable.
3. Roller shades will roll up automatically by the schedule.
On weekday mornings, the roller shades will roll up right before you wake up in order to make it more pleasant. At the same time, they will be kept down during the weekends so you can sleep a little later.
(Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 + Hub)
Aqara Hub E1 – Aqara’s smallest but powerful smart home hub that supports both classic and the latest Aqara devices
Aqara’s smallest yet powerful smart home hub that supports both classic and the latest Aqara devices. Occupies less space and can be placed almost everywhere. Supports both classic and newest Aqara Zigbee devices and can be used as a Wi-Fi repeater at the same time.
Aqara Hub E1 Features:
- Zigbee 3.0 Hub for up to 128 Devices: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- All-Round Compatibility: This makes Aqara child devices connected to it compatible with most popular ecosystems and voice assistants such as HomeKit, Alexa, Google, IFTTT, Alice, and Marusya are supported.
- Powered by USB-A: A regular USB-A port is integrated into the Hub’s housing so that it can be powered from almost any USB-equipped device such as a power bank, power strip, outlet, PC, or even router.
- 210° Adjustable Shaft: The Hub E1 shaft angle can be changed within 210 degrees, which makes its placing extremely flexible
- Wi-Fi Repeater Function: The Hub E1 not only expands your Zigbee network but also acts as a Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz repeater and makes the coverage of other Aqara hubs and other Wi-Fi devices more stable.
- USB Dongle Mode: <For B2B clients> The USB-A port can also be used to control other devices or make the E1 Hub a Zigbee USB dongle for developers.
- Supports the Next-Gen smart home standard – Matter**
* The feature has a specific MOQ to be developed and released
** Matter support will be available as an OTA update of Aqara Hubs after the official release of Matter specifications.
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 be used after the wireless Wi-Fi network is disabled?
Aqara Curtain Controller E1 supports three control modes such as local button control, sensor linkage control and app remote control. After the Wi-Fi network connection is turned off, the control still can be achieved via local button and sensor linkage.
What is the maximum load of Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1?
5 Kg with a tube diameter of 38 mm
3.7 Kg with a tube diameter of 28mm
How much is the torque of Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1?
How to reset Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1?
Long press the reset button on the bottom of the device for 5 seconds until the blue indicator light is on, or you can use Aqara Home App to reset the device
Can this curtain controller be opened/closed after power-off?
This devide does not support “Power-off Manual Operation” function, namely, the curtain cannot be opened/closed manually after power-off.
Physical and Performance Attributes
Misc Product Attributes
Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee 3.0 IEEE 802.15.4
Dimensions: 42×37×165 mm (1.69×1.52×6.89 in.)
Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 55℃ (14°F ~ 131°F)
Operating humidity: 0-95% RH, no condensation
What is in the box: Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 × 1, Screw × 2, Expansion Tube × 2, Double-Faced Adhesive Tape × 1, Spare Rotating Plate × 3, USB-C to USB-A Cable × 1
Battery Type: Lithium battery (not replaceable)
Rated Input: 5V-1A
Total Power Consumption: 5W
Standby Time: Two months (based on controlling a roller shade of 1.8m x 1.8m up and down once a day)
Standard: GB/T 12350-2009
Aqara Hub E1
Product Model: HE1-G01
Input Voltage: 5V 0.5A
Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 40°C (14°F~104°F)
Product Dimensions: 108×30×8 mm (4.25×1.18×0.31 in.)
Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Zigbee 3.0
Operating Humidity: 0~95% RH, no condensation